Wednesday, August 15, 2007

In Memory of Dave; Homosexual Suicide

By Lance Winslow

Dave was a young man in college, a track star on a scholarship. Dave was not like the other men on the team as he rarely dated much. One day Dave told the team he was gay. About a month later after he went home for thanks giving dinner something happened with his family and before Christmas he killed himself.

I cannot tell you what it did to his family afterwards, I guess they should have thought about it before they did and said whatever it was they said, which they never did say at the funeral. I cannot know how involved Dave really was, I am not sure if I would have ever called him gay, but he did not date any of the gals, some pretty fine ones too, were often available. Runners are know for their stamina both on and off the track so getting a young lady was never much of a challenge compared to the strenuous work outs of the team.


Link to The Eternal Portal

I think many of us always kind of wondered why Dave did not date and when we found out that he had turned gay, I do not think anybody was super surprised. I don’t think to me it really mattered, Dave was Dave and that was good enough for the team and for me. Apparently from what I have read this is not so uncommon. But it is a tragedy and it sucks big time. It is not right.

It is unfortunate that it ended this way for Dave, as he was quite the athlete, gentleman and a scholar. It might be wise if we are to careful to judge others and understand these issues more. I am not gay nor do I believe that is something I would recommend aspiring too, but rather think that everyone needs to live and let live a little. Consider this in 2006.

"Lance Winslow" - Online Think Tank forum board. If you have innovative thoughts and unique perspectives, come think with Lance in the Online Think Tank and solve the problems of the World; http://www.worldthinktank.net/

No comments: