Sunday, October 28, 2007

I Will Live On

By John Roberts

I was recently looking around the internet for a funeral poem that had not already been massively overused. As I was unable to find one that expressed what I wanted to say, I decided to try and write one of my own and this is the result. I hope maybe that others may find it of some use in these difficult times.

Don’t cry for me in sadness, don’t weep for me in sorrow,
For I will live on beside you, as sure as comes tomorrow.
My body has gone but my spirit lives on, as does my love for you,
Just as in life, I’ll watch over you, I always will be true.
My blood lives on in my children, how I’ve watched them grow with pride,
I’ll live on within them, always by their side.
I know my jokes weren’t always funny and jobs weren’t always done,
Just try and remember the good times, the days when we had fun.
Reach out if you need me, for I always will be near,
Just talk to me, as if I am there, I promise I will hear.
For I’ll live on, within your mind, we’ll never be apart,
As long as you keep, my memory, deep within your heart.
So lift up your hearts, don’t be sad, my spirit hasn’t gone,
While you’re still there, so am I, I really will live on.


Write Great Eulogy - Guide By Prof Funeral Presider, W/ Samples, Poems, Quotes.

John Roberts is a Freelance Training Consultant /Trainer in the UK. Always open to discussion regarding training and training techniques, contact John by email. John is a prolific writer and publisher of Training and associated technical articles, as well as poetry and childrens stories. John can be contacted through his websites at http://www.jayrconsulting.co.uk

No comments: